Discover wild animals right in the middle of Alentejo on a full-day tour of the Badoca Safari Park. Book your adventure online!
Dolphin Watching & Arrábida
- Full Day Private Tour (All Ages)
Dolphin Watching and Arrábida Park Tour
Catch sight of bottlenose dolphins in the wild on this dolphin watching tour from Lisbon. Head from your hotel to the Sado Estuary, home to one of the largest populations of sedentary bottlenose dolphins in Europe.
On the way, stop to snap a photo at a vista point, sample local wines at a vineyard, and tour Arrábida Natural Park in Setubal, all before boarding your boat along the Costa Azul.
Take a guided tour through one of the oldest wineries in Portugal. You can visit its museum and have a wine tasting at the end of your visit, before choosing to either visit a local tile factory or embark on a nature tour for the rest of your day.
In the Sado Estuary lies one of the rare sedentary populations of bottlenose dolphins in Europe and one of the most important worldwide.
With an estimated population of about 30 individuals, it is a privilege to see them evolve in the calm waters of the estuary, or indulging in leaps and pirouettes that attract us and raise awareness.
The observation of this little world where they play, hunt and spend most of their time, lasts approximately three hours, with the possibility of a short stop for swimming, and develops one of the most beautiful places of Portugal, the bay Setubal, also known as dolphin bay, which belongs to the exclusive club of the “Most Beautiful Bays in the World.”
This mini-cruise circumvents the bank of the River Sado with the city through Albarquel, Commendation, Outão Fort, Figueirinha, where the area normally frequented by dolphins begins. This stretch extends across the south channel and we call it the “route of the dolphins,” a walk of about three hours where it is essential to bring a camera!
|Full Day Private Tour
|Price per Person
- Departure from the hotel at 9:00.
- Cross the Ponte 25 de Abril over the Tagus River
- Visit the Christ the King monument and see a magnificent view of Lisbon.
- Winery visit and wine tasting (optional )
- Tour Arrábida and descent to Setúbal.
- Time for lunch.
- Fuel surcharge
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission – Galeoes do Sal – Passeios de Barco no Sado
- Winery visit and wine tasting (optional)
- Food and drinks
The observations of dolphins in the wild have a very high success rate. But nothing and no one can guarantee absolute certainty to see them.
- Offered in English, Spanish, Portuguese or French;
- Other stops make a full-day trip out of the journey;
- First portion of the tour operated with just your guide and private group;
- All transportation with hotel pickup and drop-off included.